Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, January 19, 2007

    Wish you were here...

    There are some people in your life that you hardly share details with and yet they understand you so well that they stand by you whenever you need them, no questions asked. I have one such friend. Physically, he’s not present most of the times and when he is here I don’t really think he thinks about anything in depth! YET the few words of wisdom that he imparts unknowingly becomes my strength. Once when I expressed how anxious I was about joining college and my fears about not being accepted, he told me “no matter what you do, you cannot get everyone to love you. Remember that”. Now at the brink of my graduation, that is almost the only thing I can relate to!
    I miss him dearly now. I’m upset and confused and my head and my heart hurts. I wish he was here right now to tell me what to do! I know I’m stubborn and twisted but the truth is no one but he can see through that temporary monster. It’s strange and wonderful how somebody can soothe you by just sitting beside you without speaking a word, without checking the watch or without trying to crack silly jokes to “lighten the mood”. It’s strange how it always works. Always.

    14 afterthoughts :

    1. "Word Life" said...

      There are many such friends in my life..

      Liked ur article,, coz it shows fact,,,

    2. Jubin George said...

      Be happy for being confused and worried. Otherwise, he wouldn't have been missed so much. And that would have been worse, for he deserves that love and respect of yours.

    3. Misty Rhythm said...

      well, i guess some amt of confusion is always better! it helps u understand n aprreciate ur frnds better..
      n ty for liking my article :)

    4. Sammy said...
      This comment has been removed by the author.
    5. lemon said...

      i soo know what ur talkin abt.. :(

      awesome blog by the way... :)

    6. Misty Rhythm said...

      thank you once again! i'm glad u can relate to my blog :)

    7. "Word Life" said...

      yup,

      I did that Vodka with straw thing..

      Me and 1 of my friend were sipping vodka at the beach, and others were having coke..

      It wsa my friend's idea..

      She took the straw from the coke bottle, dipped it in the neat vodka bottle,

      and started sipping,, I tried, it was fun..

      u ever tried neat vodka?

    8. Misty Rhythm said...

      ofcourse! i luv vodka...but i must admit i've never tried it wid a sraw!

    9. nomad said...

      i know how that feels, in one night, my closest friends were taken away from me, a void that has never been filled. but even today, when i am in doubt, i look at stars and think what they would have said or done if they were in this situation, and i don't know or why... i have my answers

      i guess that's why they come into our lives in the first place

    10. Misty Rhythm said...

      sorry to hear ur story...i cant imagine wat it might be to lose my best frnds. here i thought i was having problems with my best frnd in some other continent!
      seriously...u never know wat u've got till u've lost them...

    11. Dr Roshan Radhakrishnan said...

      so true.. really related to that

    12. vinay said...

      it reminded me of someone!!!last week i was so mfkd..and an angel had to help me!!she is in mumbai and i am in chennai now!!but then whenever i am down....she comes flying!!what are friends for!!

    13. Misty Rhythm said...

      ha ha...my frnd calls up from watever corner of the world he's in wen i need him! but i'll make sure i pass on ur story to him :)
      cheers!

    14. Anonymous said...

      I too have one such friend!
      same pinch! :)