Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, January 23, 2009

    Best friends?

    To,
    You know who you are

    I've lived quite a while in a heart aching guilt, for you are my best friend. You're the one person I knew I could turn to no matter what. I did not hurt you intentionally...I thought you knew that...no, you told me you knew. We'd promised that we'd always put our friendship above all feelings and yet you failed. For the past few months, I've been trying so hard to just get my best friend back while you've only been difficult- like an stubborn, selfish child whose candy has been snatched. What you did that day was the last straw. I'm tired. I'm tired of trying to live in this fantasy that our friendship is unique. It is not. It's driven by your own selfish motive. I've realized that the only reason you even want to remain friends with me is because you want something out of me.

    So from now on, I will stop. I'm not going to let you drive me into feeling guilty all the time. We both made mistakes...but I took all the responsibility to make amendments. Now you go ahead and do something so vile, so hateful...it makes my blood boil when I think about it. Yes, you're right when you say that we both hurt each other but you're sadly wrong when you say I don't have the rights to be angry at you. You know why? Because one of us didn't hurt the other one intentionally...guess who that was!?

    I'm done feeling guilty. I'm done believing you.You can brood and sulk all alone now.

    Good luck.
    N.

    11 afterthoughts :

    1. Arjun said...

      To,
      who ever it is...

      Making a blog post for this is itself a wonderful gesture... :) Pls get back..

      Good Luck..

      Cheers..!!
      Arjun

    2. Misty Rhythm said...

      heehehe...just venting some steam :)

    3. Anonymous said...

      hey readin this jus made me realize tht i ought to write a similiar letter for someone too. :)

    4. Tan said...

      you know what? Its important ... kakhono kakhono dorkar ... this letting out of steam, as you mentioned ... I'm happy to read you and to know what it is all about ...

      You chose a good day to post this ;)

      Blog on!

    5. Dipti Malhotra said...

      hey Misty

      i am sorry to know that the person you consider your best friend has disappointed you...I hope your friend realizes the mistakes and get back in your besttttbooks...

      and yeah...there is a limit to being hurt all the time...its only wise to get away from people who hurt you again n again!

      all the best :)

    6. Luscious Sealed Lips said...

      Gone through something similar very recently.

      I was then reminded of something that I keep telling my other 'hurt' friends. "There are truly only one or two in this world, who can be called 'friends'."

      Kisses.

    7. Yayaver said...

      to whom it may concern must be feeling very good after going through your post.I liked your attitude on friendship...i like your honesty in this post...

    8. Matangi Mawley said...

      seriously ... i shld ve written a letter like this too..!!! long time bck.. bt no use writing nw.. newy.. i ve an option nw.. if smething similar happens again! thnk u!

    9. Razzer said...

      Oh man..comin straight frm the heart, inni??
      Seems right.

    10. Ashrita said...

      It is always selfish motive! Knowingly or unknowingly! Good decision! Reading your Blog after a long time...

    11. workhard said...

      Hi, That is some post.. Im glad u wrote it, cause this is one way you can vent out your frustation.. Sometimes its tough making such decisions but its ok that u put your foot down and i hope the person whoever it is addressed to deserved it and he, i am assuming so, reads it...

      Haiku Poems