Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, August 23, 2008

    More than meets the eye...



    I've had this little stone for about 9/10 years now. I found it in a pile of stone chips in Thailand and imagine a twelve year old's excitement in finding a 'heart' amidst lifeless stones. I immediately fell in love with it...the shape - the delicate heart-shape...the colours - a blend of fiery shades of red, like a fire burning in our hearts...the feel of it in my hand - smooth and cold at first, but warm as soon as I place it on my palm...and then the crack down its centre - almost as if it was left there deliberately to remind us that a broken heart can never be mended without leaving a permanent scar behind. Yet it stood out so bright - as if to tell us to never lose faith in love and that love comes to us when and where we least expect it and in the oddest forms...we just need to look beyond the disguise. Of course, these are not the thoughts that crossed my mind when I was twelve (!!)...just the lessons it seems to have taught me over the past couple of years.

    As to why I'm sharing this completely invalid piece of information...I was just going through some random blogs and found out that a"Heart Rock" is basically any rock that's naturally shaped like a heart. Owing to its uncommonness and (obviously) the lovely shape, it is collected quite enthusiastically. Read THIS

    11 afterthoughts :

    1. Kimberly 'Butterfly Wings' said...

      Neha,

      Thank you for sharing your story and a piece of yourself!!! What a precious story...it's funny how we find touchstones in our lives that stir such thoughts of wisdom in us. I love the design of your blog...the soulful music, the thought provoking reflections...raw and real and especially the creative 'tag' for your comments.

      I'm adding a new post to introduce your story on the Heart Rock Collective. Thanks for participating!

      Blessings of His peace,
      Kimberly

    2. Vinayak said...

      Very nicely written
      gr8 work
      keep it up

      Vinayak

    3. Dan* said...

      hmmmmmm interesting ...........

      thankyou for sharing ....

    4. Rinzu said...

      wow... thats reallly bfulll... u took me back in time when i ws 12... n did something very similar...

    5. Abhinav Viswambharan said...

      that stone indeed looks cute. :)

    6. Misty Rhythm said...

      ah...nature's little wonder :)

      thank u!

    7. Atmdeo said...

      sometimes small things leave an indelible mark on our lives...nice post...keep posting

    8. Anonymous said...

      Love the way you noticed the brighter side of the cracked 'heart'. M sure dis attitude will go a long way in helping you to see the silver lining of d darkest of clouds!

    9. Perv Cookie said...

      Owieeene owieeen...I wanna heart rock now!!

      P.S. :( The mujik got my co-worker peepin' over the cubicle separators!! :O

    10. Misty Rhythm said...

      @soumil..
      honestly, i'm quite a pessimist! but ty anyway :)

      @Perv cookie..
      atleast i hope ur co-worker liked the music!! :D

    11. Arjun said...

      wow..!! A stone, just a small stone brought such a thought process in u.... I loved the way u analized the Heart Rock ....
      Good that u shared somethin like this...

      Cheers..!!
      Arjun