Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, June 29, 2008

    Sisters

    I thought you know how much I love you
    So that you know you can turn to me,
    Believe that I can solve all your problems
    Because I've been through them too.
    I don't want to obstruct your growth,
    I know you have to learn your way;
    But how can I stop worrying about you -
    The little girl I've seen grow night and day.
    I miss seeing you grin all day long
    And never go to your room even when you were told;
    Now you choose to keep your door locked,
    And not come out till your dinner turns cold.
    I wish you wouldn't trust people so easily,
    I know how it feels at your age...
    I know you hate me when I stand in the the way,
    But to protect you, I shall bear your rage.
    I know friends are all important for you now,
    And it feels like only they can understand you;
    But believe me there's nothing like family,
    Believe me I've been through this time too.
    I was your age not too long back,
    So I know everything you're going through;
    I just wish you'd have more faith in me,
    I would never mean any harm to you.
    I'm proud of what you are today
    A lot collected than I was back then,
    You're beautiful and so very talented -
    In my books you'd always get a perfect ten.
    Let arrogance not hide what's there to see -
    There is a lot of love waiting for you;
    You may not see it right away sis,
    But your big sister I shall always be.

    17 afterthoughts :

    1. Venkat said...

      aah nice one! gud blog.... nice one to read and relax.... keep goin!

    2. xsystem said...

      Nice one ...

      now ask ur li'l sis to read it !
      I know ... its the age ... I see it my younger bro tooo .... but I do not have the potent to pen it down ...

      I just start left right and center.
      Guys afterall ... :)

    3. Unknown said...

      Really a Gud one...

      Gud post..

    4. Misty Rhythm said...

      thank u very much :)
      yeah...teenages r tough...n "left right centre" doesn't do much :)

    5. Jil Jil Ramamani said...

      Hey nice one, the title kinda reminded me of Tagore's sisters

    6. Comfortably Numb said...

      Nice. Simple but effective. And specially when its for someone as close as your own sister. Its nice!

      Cheers! and thanks for the comment :)

    7. The Solitary Writer said...

      nice one

      a true poem for a sister

      i liked the way u arranged the words ...pretty good

      hmm so ur sis must be lucky enuff for havin u who write a poem for her


      btw check mine

      http://diablolord.blogspot.com

    8. Chintan Patel said...

      But how can I stop worrying about you -
      The little girl I've seen grow night and day...


      These lines were soo appealing...

    9. Liquifier said...

      Oh Lord...15-16 yr olds!! All kids should be buried when they're 10, and dug up at 20.
      Sigh...I used to say that some years back, but now, bringing up one kid at home and a one teen long-distance....

    10. Misty Rhythm said...

      good lord! if shoie's half the drama queen that piya is...thank ur lucky stars for the distance!
      babe....u know, during a surprise check for cellphones, prefects found contraceptives in a 14 yr old's bag in school???!!

    11. Anonymous said...

      Nice dp in orkut...I thot that's the best of you..
      Then I read the lines here...
      Awesome...

    12. Anonymous said...

      Hi ,

      I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be wow.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘rewind’ took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

      BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

      This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

      Cheers,

    13. Misty Rhythm said...

      well, ty so much ray...i'm very flattered. as u must've noticed, most of my posts r quite personal..i only write when i need to de-stress myself :). it's very nice that so many of u can relate to wat i write!!

      thanx a lot again :)

    14. Dan* said...

      The friends u trust can also betray u but not ur family :)

      excellent post ;)

    15. Rinzu said...

      OHHH...DAT WAS SO SWEET....

      SISTERLY LOVE IS PRECIOUS AND I REALLY MISS HAVING ONE...!!!!!!!

    16. Misty Rhythm said...

      thank u so much...yeah, sisters r precious (occasionally bratty :P)...i have 2!!

    17. Anonymous said...

      I sometimes feel like EXACTLY the same thing to my sissy!